Let's Go Together

Wherever I go I see you people, I see you people just like me. And whatever you do, I want to do. And the Pooh and you and me together make three. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now, Come on. Shall I go off and away to bright Andromeda? Shall I sail my wooden ships to the sea? Or stay in a cage of those in Amerika?? Or shall I be on the knee? Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden. So I see - I see the way you feel, And I know that your life is real. Pioneer searcher refugee I follow you and you follow me. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

How to Leave America


“When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one [person] to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

Tell Us Your Story

Attention American Expats I am seeking thoughtful stories from Americans who have taken the leap and moved to another country. Keep it positive and helpful is all that I ask. This is more about globalization opportunities over sour grapes. Everyone has a story to tell and yours may be what the next aspiring expat is looking for. What prompted your emigration? What were the pitfalls? What do you miss the most about back home... etc?

Provide a pic to include. I will add a link or email giving full credit to the author.

Common Hesitations to Internationalize

Doug Casey weighs in with some very sound advice Tell a person that it's a big beautiful world, full of fresh opportunities and a sense of freedom that is just not available by staying put and you will inevitably be treated to a litany of reasons why expanding your life into more than one country just isn't practical. Let's consider some of those commonly stated reasons, and why they might be unjustified. While largely directed at Americans, these are also applicable to pretty much anyone from any country. "America is the best country in the world. I'd be a fool to leave."

Goodbye America an Essay

An essay from a young and thoughtful American For as long as I’ve lived you’ve been my only home. I’ve had a wonderful life here. Your inhabitants are almost universally kind, and I’ve become lifelong friends with many of your citizens. All of my family lives here, everyone I have ever known or loved, and I will miss them all a lot. But after 22 years, I feel impelled to leave.

A Quick Guide to Leaving

This essay is a brief snapshot of generalised information that can be used as a starting point. There is quite a bit of discussion on the net about a topic that 5 years ago would have been relegated to a handful of short tempered movie stars and manufacturers of smart phone components. That topic, Leaving America, has now taken on a much different tone. It’s no longer a passing threat; it’s slowly becoming a solution for many Americans who feel that as difficult as emigrating from the US must be, it may be a better option than sticking around.

Selecting a Country

For those who are on the fence and weighing their options. 5 Tips to help you select another country Selecting another country is like selecting a life partner; It’s a two way street, its highly subjective, and at the end of the day, some of your friends will still wonder what you see in them. That’s why any book that lists the best countries to emigrate to should be placed in its proper context. Read it for the entertainment or heuristic value, but it’s your decision based on your life experiences, acquired through years of actions and consequences. Karma can be a bitch and you may just get what you deserve. Its kind of like when people tell me they’ve met their soul mate. I always follow up and ask them if it’s the good or bad part of their soul they’ve mated with. The process of selecting a country starts with a misnomer, The term should be “selecting a situation”. I feel this puts things in their proper perspective.

6 Things to Consider

Similar to "A Quick Guide" This is a much shorter and brief essay and ot as comprehensive GET A PASSPORT Many Americans do not have one and the time line to receive one is getting longer and longer. Even more disturbing, if there is an increase in sudden demand for passports you could find yourself in a very long line. Recently, there has also been discussion on making it quite a bit harder to gain a US Passport.

Cultural Assimilation

One of my favorite topics especially because everyone has a different appreciation for new cultures and the adventure of emigrating. You can visit 100 countries but you likely will never consider assimilating to those country’s customs and conventions. You might learn a few phrases, buy a few curiosities, and gain a better picture of how the locals live. However, you are visiting on a temporary basis and your mind is not focused on adaptation; it’s focused on entertainment or business. I’m no cultural anthropologist but I can spot an American a mile away when they’re in another country on holiday. They’re not so easy to spot if they’ve lived there for a few years, the giveaway is in the clothing.

Renouncing Citizenship

This essay originally featured on the Lew Rockwell blog site and discusses the various facets of what is involved in renouncing US Citizenship. NOTE: I hold dual NZ/US Citizenship and caution against renunciation. Better to add then subtract. I would like to share my observations on this topic as I assist businesses in emigrating from the US to New Zealand and the topic of renunciation of one’s citizenship surfaces on many occasions. The enormity of renouncing one’s citizenship should not be taken lightly.

What Hyperinflation May Look Like in America

From Gonzalo Lira, reprinted with permission his site However, my personal history gives me a slight edge in this discussion: During the period 1970–’73, Chile experienced hyperinflation, brought about by the failed and corrupt policies of Salvador Allende and his Popular Unity Government. Though I was too young to experience it first hand, my family and some of my older friends have vivid memories of the Allende period—vivid memories that are actually closer to nightmares. The causes of Chile’s hyperinflation forty years ago were vastly different from what I believe will cause American hyperinflation now. But a slight detour through this history is useful to our current predicament.

No comments:

Post a Comment