Let's Go Together

Wherever I go I see you people, I see you people just like me. And whatever you do, I want to do. And the Pooh and you and me together make three. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now, Come on. Shall I go off and away to bright Andromeda? Shall I sail my wooden ships to the sea? Or stay in a cage of those in Amerika?? Or shall I be on the knee? Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden. So I see - I see the way you feel, And I know that your life is real. Pioneer searcher refugee I follow you and you follow me. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Love Too Good For America

If I told you about all the unqualified ex-pats teaching ESL here in Taiwan, you would realize that you, and everyone of my friends, would do much better than them at a profession that brings in $15-20 an hour. The non-English speaking world is in need of progressive people to guide them through the exploitation they experience from imperialism. Many Latin American nations need such activists willing to cut American and NATO domination off at the pass. There is no advantage I have, my so called "economic means," that would disable you from taking the exodus like millions of ex-pats have done. It is far cheaper to fly to Cuba or Venezuela, if you speak Spanish, where the cost of living is low. For example, here in Taiwan, you can rent a studio in Taipei for $400 a month, eat well for $5 a day, transportation at 75 cents a trip, work under the table, as most do, leave to renew a visa, or, in your case, well-qualified as you are, have a sponsor get you a work permit and Alien Resident Card, not to mention full Universal Health Care. My second language is Mandarin so I live here or China. It is true that the U.S. needs activists to fight capitalism, as it always has, but how long can you struggle without giving the front line to the younger generation who must, in the millions, get out in the streets, organize their communities, join grassroot organizations, or go underground? Most importantly, as in my case, you can participate in the struggle overseas by communicatng via the internet, donating, and enlightening your neighbors who are barraged with propaganda we in the movement know to be false. As FDR said,"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." You and other activists, who may emigrate with only the shirts on their backs, will soon find a wardrobe of possibilities overseas. You have a love too good for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment