Let's Go Together

Wherever I go I see you people, I see you people just like me. And whatever you do, I want to do. And the Pooh and you and me together make three. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now, Come on. Shall I go off and away to bright Andromeda? Shall I sail my wooden ships to the sea? Or stay in a cage of those in Amerika?? Or shall I be on the knee? Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden. So I see - I see the way you feel, And I know that your life is real. Pioneer searcher refugee I follow you and you follow me. Let's go together, Let's go together, Let's go together right now. Wave goodbye to Amerika, Say hello to the garden.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Opinion: Taiwan's Immigrant Policy Questioned by BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32508443?SThisFB

In this report from the BBC, there are complaints that Taiwan's immigration policy has not caught up with the number of recent migrant immigrants who want to stay here to live. In America, if you are a citizen and marry a foreigner, your spouse could naturalize in three years. In Taiwan the route to citizenship is not tied to the length of your marriage to a Taiwan national. 

Still, I am a foreign spouse here and have all the rights that my wife has, except for voting in elections, which I wouldn't want to do, anyway, because of the corruption and lack of real democracy.

Foreign visitors should consider the plight of the common working Taiwanese. A citizen's wages are stuck at the level they were sixteen years ago while prices on commodities and housing have gone up. 

Elite migrants from the Chinese civil war, and their offspring, still command privileges beyond native born Taiwanese. They appropriated land and destroyed the Taiwanese quality of life under Japanese rule.

Is this a veiled BBC call for exploitation of Taiwan by new foreigners? 

Too often, foreigners complaining about unfair immigration policy in Taiwan are getting higher wages than citizens of Taiwan! 

 If Taiwan's economy was better, wages higher, more families 

would have children. Migrant immigration is not the solution to


 job shortages; it's an excuse. 



Taiwan already had two elitist migrations last century.


The government should help the common people, first. 




business-32508443

No comments:

Post a Comment